Stevia rebaudiana is a plant which is widely grown for its sweet leaves. It is 300 to 400 times sweeter than the regular sugar. It is calorie free and serves everyone well including people with medical conditions like hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia and diabetes.
- It is also used medicinally as a cardiotonic, for obesity, hypertension, fatigue, depression, and infections.
- It helps lowering blood sugar, lowers blood pressure, increases urination and dialates blood vessels.
- Effectively reduces acne, dermatitis, eczema etc.
- It helps reduce craving for sweet, tobacco and alcoholic beverages.
Stevia is preferred over regular sugar for better taste and aroma, also for medicinal purposes. From medicinal aspect,
- It supports pancreatic functions.
- It does not increase blood insulin levels thus helping diabetic and hypoglycimic individuals.
- It does not contain Sucrose found in regular sugar, therefore it has a low glycemic index of 25. A low glycemic index makes it suitable for people with diabetes.
Natural fruit sugar (ketonic monosaccharide) found in many plants, in the fruits and in honey. It is one of the dietary monosacharide which is absorded directly into the bloodstream during digestion. It is also an important sourse of energy which is rapidly used by cellular processes.
- Suitable for everyone including people with medical conditions like diabetes and hypoglycemia.
- Boosts metabolism.
- Contains beneficial enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
- Tasty and aromatic.